Thursday, January 23, 2014

New day.....New doctor

As some of you know we saw a new doctor today. This visit was night and day compared to our first visit with Dr. B. this doctor talked really fast and gave us lots of information! He discussed with us our options going forward. He talked to me a little bit about our treatment up to this point. Honestly he is not a fan of the treatment we have undergone. We didn't dwell on it a lot but he implied that I could've gone without the 6 months of injections for endo. I am refusing to let this depress me or dwell on the fact that we could've possibly wasted the last 8 months. I know that we are right where we are because this is where we are supposed to be. Don't get me wrong when he talked about it with us I felt sick, but Dr. N said it is in the past and all you can do is move forward from this point. So that is what I choose to do. Dr.N did tell us that our best chance of pregnancy is IVF. He said although this is the best chance (60% vs less than 10%) it is not the only choice and definitely not the first line of action. Today he did an ultrasound to "see what was going on". He said that I have a lot going on but not in a good way. So the plan for now is to induce a new cycle to clear out all the old and hopefully give me a clean slate. I will be doing a combination of oral medication called Femara and injections called Follistim. This medication cycle will be monitored by ultrasound. The goal is to get my body to ovulate. We are so hopeful after this visit and really praying that the future will hold great things for us! I may or may not update this through the cycle depending on how it goes. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so extremely happy for you! I think it's great that you've found a doctor you're comfortable with. I'm pretty sure we had a consultation with the same practice last night. ;-) I have you in my prayers. I hope everything goes swimmingly! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laura! We are so hopeful. Yes I think we did go to the same place. Did you like Dr. Alhering? Dr. N wanted to know if we wanted to meet him but we decided not to because we were already processing a lot of information! Can't wait to hear about all of your other consults.

      Delete