Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hurry up and wait...Story of my life

I can say hands down the most frustrating part of this journey is the waiting!! Waiting for test results, waiting for the doctor/nurse to return my call, waiting for my cycle to start....wait wait wait! Seems like some days my life is on hold just waiting. If you know me you know that I am a planner. I like things to be planned and I hate when plans change. I am pretty sure this whole journey is partly God's way of teaching me that I am (and never was) not in control. I am working on this. I am trying to change the way I respond to the changing of plans and time tables. I have come a long way from the days when a nurse not calling me right back would send me in a tailspin. Right now I am fighting the urge to be totally frustrated. I refuse to let things I cannot control determine my attitude. A little update on our progress: Over the new year I had thought I might actually be pregnant. I even for a little bit let myself get my hopes up. It was not so. So now I am awaiting my endometrial biopsy. This will tell the doctor if I am ovulating. If I am not then we will start injections. The biopsy should be late this month but I just learned from the receptionist that Dr. Bundren might be out of town. What will happen then I asked her? Oh you just wait until next cycle! No big deal just wait another month. Grrrrrrr!!!!! So after an entire year just wait one more month. So if that happens it could be another three months before I can do injections if I have to do birth control in between the biopsy and injections. I am trying not to think about this and instead just take it one day at a time. That is all I can do right now. 
A

6 comments:

  1. Hey Girl! Thanks for the comment! If you want to chat, shoot me an email: ctate1014@yahoo.com I'd like to share some thoughts with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to do it over again, I would've just bought a ton of ovulation sticks and test it out myself, you can even chart your temperature every morning as a back up. Then you can decide whether or not you want to start the injections. I second you on the waiting. Waiting, not so patiently IS the hardest part. :-/

    -Kacy
    1stcomesloveblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done the sticks and no ovulation! So I am certain injects are a for sure thing. Hopeful this is a good cycle for you!

      Delete
    2. I just saw that you replied to this. I meant that I wish I would've done ovulation sticks instead of the biopsy. The sticks could've told me if I ovulated or not without all the pain.

      Delete
  3. You're doing wonderfully! I'm a planner, too, so I know how much it stinks to have to wait without answers. It would be easier if timelines were laid out for us, but waiting for something to happen to be able to set timelines really stinks. You're doing great, though! Don't forget that!!

    Also, don't forget that you're not alone. I can't even get a comment in before 2 other blog friends have commented to you. :) It doesn't make it easy, but having support makes it a little better. You're not alone! You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement Laura. You are so right having someone out there who gets what I am going through is so uplifting. There are some days I feel totally isolated and then I wander to some of my favorite bloggers (you included) and I instantly feel better to know I am not alone.

      Delete